Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Burleys, Biking & Bruises

We bought Burleys about two months ago in order for us to get out together as a family (and for Mom and Dad to get some exercise!)  It might be the best purchase we have made in a long time.

Although Abigail and Eveline cried for 40 minutes of a 45 minute ride the first time, they have since come around and are now happy to go.  Wearing their helmets are a different story.  They still have yet to wear them for the entire ride.  They are fine wearing them around the house - just not in the Burley where they might actually need them. Last week, Abigail got hers off right away and they worked together to get Eveline's off.  We tightened them down tonight, but to no avail.

Kate has always been a fan.  Her special job is to be the Helmet Police - make sure everyone has their helmet and then collect them all when we are done.

It has been fun to explore all the great trails.  We have found a way to go all the way to the Platte River Trail which will take us all the way to downtown Denver.  Steve and I are planning to do that bike ride on a date when we are not each pulling an extra 35 lbs.

The first couple of weeks I was in awful biking shape, but I am actually enjoying it and the rides are getting easier.  Kate is my biggest cheerleader.  Tonight going up a steeper hill her little voice saying "Go Mommy GO!" was all I needed to hear.  Maybe she thought I needed the extra help since earlier in the ride we had stopped to help the twins with their helmets and I managed to get my foot stuck in my toe clip which resulted in me tipping right over on my bike while Kate watched from the trailer.  I think I managed to do this as gracefully as possible.  Kate couldn't stop talking about it the rest of the ride.  Note:  The Burley didn't even move during this incident.  Nothing was hurt - Not even my pride since I am sure it must have looked hilarious!


No comments: